Sunday 22 March 2015

Review: Moonstone Unintended Collection

Looking through and cleaning up old photos, I came across some swatches of Moonstone Polishes "The Unintended Collection" that I had done a while back and thought I'd better share them with you all! 

I brought this collection when Moonstone had their birthday sale. Spoiler alert: I love them all!


Butterflies & Hurricanes
A deep pink jelly base with magenta holo microglitter, purple iridescence and a violet shimmer.

Butterflies and Hurricanes is such a beautiful feminine shade of pink and unlike any of the pinks I currently own. Swatches show two coats plus 1 coat of topcoat.


Lightbox Lighting
Lightbox Lighting

Direct Sunlight

Direct Sunlight

Direct Sunlight


Hysteria
A red Jelly Base with flashing red microglitter, holo dust, orange iridescence and a gold shimmer.

I know I say this a lot, but I was surprised at how much I loved this even though it was a red! Maybe my colour preferences are changing as I mature (I use that term lightly!). Swatches show two coats plus topcoat.


Lightbox Lighting

Lightbox Lighting

Direct Sunlight

Direct Sunlight

Direct Sunlight


Dark Shines
A blurple jelly base, jam-packed with rich purple holographic flakes and blue iridescent microglitter.

Easily my favourite of the collection and no surprise it is one of their best sellers! This didn't quite have as much glitter density as the first two polishes so three coats were used plus topcoat.


Lightbox Lighting

Lightbox Lighting

Direct Sunlight

Direct Sunlight

Direct Sunlight


Starlight
A deep blue jelly base with holo microglitter, rainbow iridescence & a blue shimmer.

Another unique shade to my collection. This blue is just so beautiful! Two coats plus topcoat, although looking at the sunlight photos, I could have done with a third.


Lightbox Lighting

Lightbox Lighting

Direct Sunlight

Direct Sunlight

Direct Sunlight


Supermassive
A black jelly base with black holo microglitter, rainbow iridescent glitter and a beautiful blue shimmer that makes this shade look Navy in some lights.

No matter what lighting I used, I could only get this to show as a navy colour. The black base gives this polish a lovely depth that just cannot be done justice by my photographs. Three coats used plus topcoat.

Lightbox Lighting

Lightbox Lighting

Direct Sunlight

Direct Sunlight

Direct Sunlight
All five polished were so sparkly and gorgeous and I didn't want to take any of them off! Formula wise, they are all equally as easy to apply even though I found that some only required two coats where as others needed three.

The Unintended Collection can be purchased individually from Moonstone Polish or as a Set, which works out 10% cheaper. Gotta love a bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment